WHAT IS IT?
Valentine is a shared venture project for authors, coordinated by Sally Odgers of Affordable Manuscript Assessments and Workshops.
The goal is to write an anthology of stories and poems, recipes and reflections for adult readers. Each story or poem will have something to do with the theme. Stories may be fantasy, or not. Stories should be entertaining so nothing too downbeat.
Please read the following terms and conditions carefully, especially if you are new to Prints Charming anthologies. To claim a slot, send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org with Valentine in the subject line.
1. The stories should be short- mostly under 1000 words, although a few longer ones would be okay.
Some poems and artwork will also be considered, though the artwork should be black and white or greyscale and must be 300 dpi or higher. Saving it as a gif saves me time.
2. No payment will be made for the stories, but each author will have a puff page to use as she or he pleases. These should be sent in with the stories. They can be updated if necessary before we go to press.
4. Authors will also have the right (but not the obligation) to buy copies of the anthology at cost. You will be provided with a direct-buy url to do this. Books can be resold, given away, awarded as prizes or used as author credits on a CV. All authors will be given a PDF copy of the anthology. There is always some confusion about the direct-buy url. It can be used by contributors to (a) buy multiple copies and sell them/give them away as you please or (b) to buy copies and have them sent directly to the person who wants them. In either case, you can add a profit for yourself, or not. It is entirely up to you. By the way, at cost means exactly that. The price is the actual price of printing the book. I don't set it. The printer does.
5. Stories will be professionally edited.
6. Click on the links Anthology Submission Formatting and Puff Page samples to see how work should be formatted.
7. Copyright in each story will belong to the author. The edited version will belong to the author. Prints Charming Books will use each story only in this anthology. The authors may use their own stories elsewhere as and when they please. They may not use or quote from other writers' stories without written permission.
7. SUBMISSION OF STORIES and DEADLINES
Slots should be claimed by February 28 2018. Stories, poems, pictures AND puff pieces should be in by June 30th 2018.
Any questions? Send me an email
Please head ALL emails or submissions pertaining to this project with the word VALENTINE to this email address email@example.com
AUTHORS AND STORIES
1. Pat Simmons
2. Tabitha Page Loving You
3. Tabitha Page Sweet Sixteen
4. Tabitha Page Recipe for Us
5. Penny Azar Roman Valentine
6. Penny Azar Velma's Valentine
7. Penny Azar Alexis Valentine
8. Vi Lipscombe
9. Helen Brumby poem in
10. Helen Brumby poem in
11. Leonie Hearn
12. Artelle Lenthall
13. Yael Eytan
14. Laura Hockley
15. The Prints Himself
16. Lady Lark
17. Carina Merritt
18. Jennifer Poulter
19. Brittany Perry in
20. Brittany Perry in
21. J.R. Poulter in
22. J.R. Poulter in
23. Alison Clifford
24. Helen Brumby in VAL
25. Helen Brumby in PUZZLEMENT
26. Helen Brumby in FOR MY LOVE
27. Helen Brumby in Sunshine
28. Helen Brumby in Sunset Hunting
29. Helen Brumby in For my Husband
30. Pat Simmons in Valentine Johnson
31. Kate O'Neil Twitterpation is in
32. Kate O'Neil To a Leech is in
33. Helen Brumby in Sorry
34 Helen Brumby in Roger
35 Helen Brumby in Bed Mates
36. Sally Odgers in Kissing Clay
37 Helen Brumby in Canoodle
38 Helen Brumby in An Ancient Reverie
39 Lady Lark
40 The Prints Himself