WHAT IS IT?
Valentine is a shared venture project for authors, coordinated by Sally Odgers of Affordable Manuscript Assessments and Workshops.
The goal is to write an anthology of stories and poems, recipes and reflections for adult readers. Each story or poem will have something to do with the theme. Stories may be fantasy, or not. Stories should be entertaining so nothing too downbeat.
Please read the following terms and conditions carefully, especially if you are new to Prints Charming anthologies. To claim a slot, send a message to email@example.com with Valentine in the subject line.
1. The stories should be short- mostly under 1000 words, although a few longer ones would be okay.
Some poems and artwork will also be considered, though the artwork should be black and white or greyscale and must be 300 dpi or higher. Saving it as a gif saves me time.
2. No payment will be made for the stories, but each author will have a puff page to use as she or he pleases. These should be sent in with the stories. They can be updated if necessary before we go to press.
4. Authors will also have the right (but not the obligation) to buy copies of the anthology at cost. You will be provided with a direct-buy url to do this. Books can be resold, given away, awarded as prizes or used as author credits on a CV. All authors will be given a PDF copy of the anthology. There is always some confusion about the direct-buy url. It can be used by contributors to (a) buy multiple copies and sell them/give them away as you please or (b) to buy copies and have them sent directly to the person who wants them. In either case, you can add a profit for yourself, or not. It is entirely up to you. By the way, at cost means exactly that. The price is the actual price of printing the book. I don't set it. The printer does.
5. Stories will be professionally edited.
6. Click on the links Anthology Submission Formatting and Puff Page samples to see how work should be formatted.
7. Copyright in each story will belong to the author. The edited version will belong to the author. Prints Charming Books will use each story only in this anthology. The authors may use their own stories elsewhere as and when they please. They may not use or quote from other writers' stories without written permission.
7. SUBMISSION OF STORIES and DEADLINES
Slots should be claimed by February 28 2018. Stories, poems, pictures AND puff pieces should be in by June 30th 2018.
Any questions? Send me an email
Please head ALL emails or submissions pertaining to this project with the word VALENTINE to this email address firstname.lastname@example.org
AUTHORS AND STORIES
1. Pat Simmons
2. Tabitha Page
3. Tabitha Page
4. Tabitha Page
5. Penny Azar
6. Penny Azar
7. Penny Azar
8. Vi Lipscombe
9. Helen Brumby
10. Helen Brumby
11. Leonie Hearn
12. Artelle Lenthall
13. Yael Eytan
14. Laura Hockley
15. The Prints Himself
16. Lady Lark