lWHAT IS IT?
Colour Schemes is a shared venture project for authors, coordinated by Sally Odgers of Affordable Manuscript Assessments and Workshops.
The goal is to write an anthology of stories for cross-over readers aged 12 and up to adult. Each story will have something to do with the theme.In this case, every story will be based on:
(a) a colour
(b) a scheme, plot, plan, goal... The protagonist must be after something and make a clear and concerted effort to get it. S/he can succeed, or not. Stories should be generally upbeat. They can be suspenseful- crime, caper, problem, courtship, goal, but generally nothing darker than, say, Agatha Christie!
POEMS are also welcome
Please read the following terms and conditions carefully, especially if you are new to Prints Charming anthologies. To claim a slot, send a message to email@example.com with Colour Schemes in the subject line. Claim your colour from the list below. If you want an unlisted colour, just tell me what it is.
1. The stories should be short- mostly under 3000 words, although a few longer ones would be okay. Genre is open, but characters should be accessible to readers somewhere between twelve and adult. (Yes, that is a wide range.) Some poems and artwork will also be considered, though the artwork should be black and white or greyscale and must be 300 dpi or higher. Saving it as a gif saves me time.
2. No payment will be made for the stories, but each author will have a puff page to use as she or he pleases. These should be sent in with the stories. They can be updated if necessary before we go to press.
4. Authors will also have the right (but not the obligation) to buy copies of the anthology at cost. You will be provided with a direct-buy url to do this. Books can be resold, given away, awarded as prizes or used as author credits on a CV. All authors will be given a PDF copy of the anthology. There is always some confusion about the direct-buy url. It can be used by contributors to (a) buy multiple copies and sell them/give them away as you please or (b) to buy copies and have them sent directly to the person who wants them. In either case, you can add a profit for yourself, or not. It is entirely up to you. By the way, at cost means exactly that. The price is the actual price of printing the book. I don't set it. The printer does.
5. Stories will be edited, and you'll get a chance to see the edited version as a PDF.
6. Click on the links Anthology Submission Formatting and Puff Page samples to see how work should be formatted.
7. Copyright in each story will belong to the author. The edited version will belong to the author. Prints Charming Books will use each story only in this anthology. The authors may use their own stories elsewhere as and when they please. They may not use or quote from other writers' stories without written permission.
7. SUBMISSION OF STORIES and DEADLINES
Stories, poems, pictures AND puff pieces should be in by December 30th 2018. There may be an extension if take-up is slow.
Any questions? Send me an email
Please head ALL emails or submissions pertaining to this project with the words Colour Schemes to this email address firstname.lastname@example.org
Please put your name, the title and the chosen colour at the TOP of every sub.
COLOURS, AUTHORS AND STORIES
2. Crimson claimed by Jennifer Poulter
3. Red Claimed by Tabitha Page
4. Pink claimed by Jennifer Poulter
6. Blue (Helen Brumby. Banishing the Blues is in)
7. Royal Blue
9. Sky Blue claimed by Jennifer Poulter
10. Green Claimed by Tabitha Page
12. Lime claimed by Jennifer Poulter
13. Lemon claimed by Jennifer Poulter
14. Yellow Eyes right by Helen Brumby is in
15. Gold Dandelions by Helen Brumby is in
16. Silver claimed by Jennifer Poulter
17. Grey claimed by Jennifer Poulter
18. Purple claimed by Pat Simmons
26. Bronze claimed by Tabitha Page
29. Baby Pink
30. Rose claimed by Tabitha Page
33. Powder Blue
34. Black (technically not a colour...) claimed by Jennifer Poulter
35. White (technically not a colour...) claimed by Jennifer Poulter
36. Chocolate claimed by Artelle Lenthall
38. Navy claimed by Jennifer Poulter
39. Copper claimed by Allison Clifford
40. Steel Blue
41. Eau de Nil
42. Ice Blue claimed by Jennifer Poulter
47. Bay (as in the horse colour)
48. Chestnut (as in hair or horse colour)
(Any other colour...)
54 Gold (2) Claimed by Tabitha Page
55. Chocolate (2) claimed by Jennifer Poulter
56 Blue - Kate O'Neil Beating the Blues
57 Our Colourful World by Helen Brumby is in
58 Rainbow (claimed by Jessi Hammond)